Thursday, March 29, 2007

Damn...thats heavy!!

Hello my little chicklets!
Things have been a little hectic the last week or so because of crackwhore...we have been scrambling trying to get her kids settled with us and getting them to school and everything. I am just glad it is spring break so we have some time now to get things squared away. But, this is not what I want to talk to you about today..nope, I wanna talk about me...and my thighs!!

I have never really been what you could call skinny...or anything close to that...but I have always had nice looking legs. I am the typical apple shaped girl. Plenty in the middle, but flat butt and stick legs on the bottom.

Until the last year or so that is...I have gained enough weight to balance things out a bit...and not in a good way either! So, I started a nutrition plan at the beginning of the month...I could have started eating better for health reasons, or a number of any other reasons...but no!!! However, when even my legs start getting fat, well...I aint havin it!!

So, in the past month, I have lost 10 pounds...go Wendy, go Wendy...and I started to think today about exactly how 10 pounds feels...you know, how heavy it really is...so I went and picked up a 10 pound bag of potatoes and tried to carry it around for 1 hour...it was fucking hard people!!!
Carrying that bag of Idaho's around was very difficult...but, I had in essence been doing just that without even giving it a thought...which led me to think about my good buddy Signgurl...

Signgurl has lost over 100 pounds...ONE HUNDRED POUNDS...go signgurl, go signgurl...
She was actually part of what motivated me to get my ass up and move a little!!
I tried to find something that was 100 pounds to carry...and the closest I could get was my 11 year old daughter, who weighs 80lbs. I picked her up...and put her right back down!! lol
Signgurl has lost more than and 11 year old kid...
You do not have to beg me signgurl...I will ship my kid over to you so you can carry her around for a while to get some perspective...no, no, do not thank me...it is my gift to you!!
Keep her as long as you want...lol

Barman has lost over 20 lbs, two bags of Idaho's...Idaho?? no, youdaho!!..lol
Goooo barman!!

I guess what I am trying to say here is...I did not really think about my weight in terms of how much my body had to carry around...now that I have a bit of perspective, I have to just say...

FUCK!!! No wonder my fucking knees hurt!!!

9 comments:

SignGurl said...

You lost 10 pounds in a month? Go Wendy! Impressive!

Thank you for putting this into perspective for me. I get really discouraged when I think about how far I have to go. Putting it like this, makes things feel a little better.

wmy said...

signgurl--thanks...and your welcome...lol
I bet it feels good to not be carrying around four claudes anymore huh?? hahahah

G-Man said...

Wendy, if your knees are THAT tired, you may certainly rest them on my shoulders....
What are friends for?

You go girl...xoxoxox

Tim said...

good for you wendy. keep up the good work. way to go and all that jazz.... ;>)

barman said...

Hey it is tough especially for women to lose weight. And 10 pounds in a month is fantastic. I know you would probably like to lose more but that is about 2 1/2 pounds a week. Doctors usually push for 1/2 ro 1 pound a week tops, possibly even slower.

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING!!!

If you still have your gull bladder be careful. If you lose weight to fast, especially if you go the real low fat route you can develop gull stones and have to have the gull bladder removed. You probably are doing fine now but just be careful.

Crabby said...

Ok. That's it. Consider me inspired. I've socked on 10 pounds this year. And it's been surprisingly easy to do. Back in the day I could eat anything and never gain weight. Well, that's gone to hell in a handcart. Now I'm super-thighs woman.

I'll start keeping track too. See how long it takes. I know I'll feel better!

Barney said...

You go girl!!!

Now tell me how you do it?
Cuz Ive been eating right..
and doing some excercising..

But..think I would loose anything?
Only thing Im missing is that damn chocolate that I cant eat!!!!

wmy said...

g-man- thanks...I think I still have some of my old shoulder pads from my eighties era clothing...I am gonna bring them k? lol

green- thank you...thank you very much...

barman- thanks for the heads up...I know it is sooooo bad to lose it too quickly

crabby- we should start a club...let us know how you are doing k?

barney- I have not been doing anything too drastic...just trying to not snack...which was what I had been doing around the clock, and I have been doing the Denise Austin show that is on early in the morning...I am with you on the chocolate though...yumm

Anonymous said...

Wow! that's great, good for you.
Using a 10lb bag of potatoes like that is a good way of measuring what we are carrying around.
Are we ever gonna get a look at these sexy legs of yours?
tc