Saturday, April 21, 2007

But, mommmmmm!

Hey there, hi there, hooooooooooooooooo there!!
So, you all may just have to bail my ass out of jail...no, really!!
I may or may not kick the shit out of the 15 year old boy up the street cause he may or may not be spending too much time trying to get close to my 12 year old daughter!!

In the world of big people, a 3 year age isn't shit, right?? BUTTTTTTTTTTT...
When we are talking about a 15 year old boy and a 12 year old girl, 3 years suddenly seems like 100!

My daughter comes home with this sappy, love struck, dreamy look on her face a couple of days ago...

"Oh mom, Ricky is the cutest boy ever!!!"
I'm all "That's nice dear.................. HOLD UP!! WAIT A MINUTE!! isn't Ricky that kid who lives in the blue house down the road?"

"Yes" she sighs, all the while with a rapturous look upon her glowing face

"Isn't that the same little punk who happens to be 15?"

"Nope, uh uh...he is only 13" (there she goes with the first lie...has to be that damn Ricky's influence!! lol)

"What school does he go to?"
"Wyo...I mean Jackson Park." Ha!! Got her little ass!! Wyoming Park is the high school, and Jackson Park is the middle school...where she goes.

"Oh, so he's in Dustin's grade then huh?" (Dustin is my son who is 13 and in 7th grade)
"uhhhhmmmm yeah"

"DUSTINNNNNNNNNN!!! would you come in here please" I yell through the house, noticing the panicked look come across her formerly glowing face.. hahahahaha Don't play with mama girlie, I have been playing the game a lot longer! hahaha

Well, before Dustin could even THINK about coming into the room, my daughter starts talking so fast, I was sure her head was gonna pop off! lol

"ok, ok, he is not really 13, but I reallylikehimandIdidn'twantyoutotellmenoooooooooooo!"

So, little miss liar is grounded and even though I am not gullible enough to believe that I have totally squashed this little crush, threatening to show up at her school in curlers, wearing a bathrobe and her dad's combat boots went a long way towards accomplishing just that!
And my kids know damn well that I will totally carry through on my threat! hahahah

Never mess with the mama!

9 comments:

G-Man said...

Wendy!!!

G-Man said...

....used your trick.
YOU! You, my dear are a great Mom.
You are never at a loss for blogging material are you?
Great job...Stay on top of thing baby!!
You Rock...xoxox

barman said...

Way to go. Unfortunately I think you are going to have fun for a little while yet. I think you will be up to the challenge however.

Boy if the kids were smart they would start a pact to always agree with the other one. When ever asked something that makes no sense like is so and so in your class just say I think so mom.

SignGurl said...

I'm seriously taking lessons from you. My two girls are driving me batty!

wmy said...

g- I love being on top!

barman- My kids are always willing to rat each other out...works in my favor! lol

sign- it has got to be the age hon...they are pre-teens...who want to be grown up so bad...it is up to us to knock their little asses right back into reality!

Barney said...

Dont you love adolescence??!!!!

Love your blog.. it's so nice to know that there are other Mommies out there going thru the same shit that Im going thru.. Mine is a 13 yr old boy who thinks he is smarter than Mom.. Wonder Mutt has a nother thing comin!!!!!

Good for you for squishing that.. but sadly.. I think it's the beginning of a very long up hill battle!!!!

The Ethical Slut said...

I found you after you found me! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Your post cracked me up, I can see myself having that discussion with my own daughter. I still have a few more years to wait, my kids are 3 and 4.

Come visit any time!!

Anonymous said...

If I was that boy I'd move out of state.lol
Good work Wendy!
tc

Tim said...

gee, what I have to look forward to... my daughter is almost 10, so hopefully I have some time yet...

But, way to handle the situation... I can just picture you in 'dem boots... (frightening... even though I don't know what you look like...)